Making Pancakes With a Twist :0)

I am making pancakes for lunch today.  I am trying this recipe, Good Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe - Allrecipes.com.  I will post on here later how they turned out.  I don't have my camera or a smart phone, so I can't put pictures on here.  Oh well - I guess you can look on the site address above and think that is what mine look like :) LOL!

Well, I am going to have to try that pancake recipe another time because I didn't have flour.  I only had cornmeal.  I tried a recipe on the back but had to tweak it because we had just run out of milk.  So this is what I ended up making --
2 cups of cornmeal mix
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 cup peach yogurt
2 cups of water

Now, mind you, I know this is not your typical pancake mix, but it worked given that I lacked 2 very important ingredients.  The children had mixed reviews - 2 like them and 2 didn't.  I licked them fine, and I actually think the batter would also work well for making corndogs somehow.  In any case, I will try to have ingredients next time and use this recipe.  That will be in another post, I suppose!

Happy Saturday :0)
Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being