Experiencing Mercy and Love

  Today was an unusual day.  Benson had the day off, so I took Siler down for school. Since both our little guys were feeling a little yucky - due to the lovely, early fall flowers blooming - and we were not going to therapy, I decided to do a little grocery shopping. Okay, big grocery shopping since we have a big family :0)
  Benson had gotten paid and given me some money to deposit.  I mentioned to him that I would use some for groceries.  He said that was fine and deposit the rest.  So here I had some money.  I should have put it in my wallet, but I put it in my pocket.  I know most of you are saying to yourself, "Oh no!"  for you already have guessed what I am about to share with you.  Yes, I did buy our large amount of groceries.  I felt good being able to walk around the store and getting our needs and some of our wants.  I went up to the front and paid for our groceries.
  This is where my story gets really sad.  I unloaded my groceries in the car.  When I went to get the rest of the money together to take to the bank, it was gone.  I checked my purse, pockets, the van - GONE.  Let me tell you that the feeling in my stomach was not good. I was going to have to call Benson and tell him that the money he had worked so hard for was in someone else's hands.  Someone that was in that store found my money and did not try to see who it belonged to.  Sick, sad, and crying my guts out!  He called to check on me, and I tried to tell him what happened, but I was crying so hard he could not understand me.  I finally pulled myself together, and I told him the awful truth.  
  His reaction was not at all what I expected.  He said, "Well, honey, there is nothing you can do about it now.  Just get finished up and come on home.  Be careful driving. Don't let your emotions cause an accident."  Even when I had lost the money he had worked so hard for, he showed me compassion and love.  Now that, my friends, is Mercy and Love.  I know that we are to show each other kindness, but I am a "short fuse" sometimes.  I just appreciated the fact that he was able to hug on me when he saw me.  I am so blessed to have the sweet, patient, understanding husband!
  I hope that I can take this lesson and first, remember to put money in my wallet!  I mean, it wasn't like he gave a me $5!  But I want to take away from this that 1 Corinthians 13 principle!  Especially in the verses 4 - 6 - "Charity suffereth long, and is kind;  charity envieth not;  charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth."
  We all have our times where we act up.  I know that this experience was one where some would have yelled, had temper tantrums, and maybe even not speak to that person.  I am just glad that I know that my husband loves me more than money!  He told me before he had to go run errands that in the end I was what mattered.
  Of course I am crying!!  I hope those of you who have an experience where there was a mishap or a loss that you will show mercy.  Our Heavenly Father shows us SO much mercy, but it was so neat today to have experienced Jesus through my sweet Benson!   I love this song and it came to my mind when I was thinking about mercy!  Listen and be blessed!  

CeCe Winans: Mercy Said No - YouTube

Love and {{hugs}},
:0)Chandra  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being