Baby Shower!!!

Nothing is sweeter than getting together with some good friends and precious family and have a baby shower!  That is just what I got to do a couple of weeks ago.  We had a sweet time of fellowship, food, games, and fun!

I thought I would share a few pictures of what we did.  Sometimes it helps get your creative juices flowing when you see what someone else did - kind of like a starting off point!

Here is - as Sandra Lee (I think that is her name!) would call it a "Table Scape" - 




My sisters-in-law and mother-in-law had more to doing the layout of this than I did!!

We had an existing tablecloth and flower arrangement, so that was very helpful.  A simple vellum-type balloon was attached to it.

Some pretty dishes, including an antique punch bowl as seen below, followed by some gold foil trays, make this shower treats table so pretty - easy, but pretty!

We had cupcakes instead of the traditional sheet cake.  My mother-in-law and one of my nieces made and decorated the cupcakes.  They used a strawberry and red velvet cake mixes.  They used ready-made strawberry icing and sprinkles.  They took an idea off of pinterest to make the candy pacifiers.  They were really cute, tasty and didn't cost a whole lot of money!

My sister-in-law, who is having the baby, had an idea that she saw for the cutest fruit bowl!  This was truly a family effort!  My father-in-law along with a couple of my sister-in-laws carved the watermelon.  The rest of us cut vegetables for the veggie tray along with the fruit to make the baby in the carriage.  I wish I had videotaped it, but since I didn't, I can give you this link!  Now ours is a little different in design, but you can get the idea!  We used a 1/2 a cantaloupe for the head.  One thing we did a little differently is we took 1/2 a grape and 1/2 a blueberry and made the eyes.  We used smaller pieces of cantaloupe for the nose and ears. Our hair bow is made from pineapple and a blueberry.  Make a hole for the mouth and put a real pacifier in it!  TOO CUTE!  The momma-to-be arranged the fruit to look like a blanket.  The rest of the fruit was arranged on the bottom of the carriage.  The outside of the carriage had an orange slice for the wheel and a half a grape for the hub.  One of my sister-in-laws had a hair bow with a flower that she attached to the outside to make the carriage complete!  I think it is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!!  





To accompany the fruit, we had some wonderful dip! Our fruit dip was made from a jar of marshmallow cream and a block of cream cheese - we added a little red food coloring to make it pink.  Along with all the other foods, we had chips and store-bought dip.  We also had a veggie tray.  I know that a lot of people do everything homemade and over the top, but I have found with this experience, it can be simpler!

It is always so much fun to get together and celebrate a new life!  I am so excited to meet my new niece!  It is such a blessing to be a part of this family!  My husband is one of six children!  All of us have had children which is going to soon total 18 grandchildren for my in-laws!!!  WOW! What a blessing and a heritage!  Teaching each of the children about Jesus and sharing Him and His saving grace with others is going to impact our area!  We have 18 more children that the Lord is going to use to bring more people to Him!!

I love to end my posts with a song, so I am going to end it with one of my all time favorites!  I think about this song a lot with our children but especially with our girls!  Give your children butterfly kisses as often as you can because time goes by so quickly!!  (warning ~~~ You will cry :)

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to have 5 sweet little ones to give butterfly kisses!  Prayers for my sweet sister-in-law as she carries and delivers her little girl!  In Jesus' name I pray!  Amen!!!

Love, blessings, and {{hugs}},
Chandra



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

Nutella!