Children and Jesus' Love

  I have 5 children - we love them and are so thankful for them.  That said, they can drive me BANANAS!!  LOL!  Did I say that out loud?  I am currently in this age group with these precious kiddos -- Savannah 12 1/2, Siler 10, Sarah 7 1/2, Sully 5, and Seth 3. Now that is a spread.
  On a typical day Siler and Sully are up around 6:45 am to go to school.  Sully attends a local public school for special needs.  Siler is attending my in-laws church school. Currently, they have 4 boys.  Siler really has begun to make some wonderful progress!!  The girls get up around 8.  Seth gets up whenever.  We get our breakfast and then school and math tutoring begins.  In addition to teaching the girls, I take care of all of Seth's needs.  If you have ever homeschooled while having a toddler, well, I liken it to herding cats -- that is going to be a post all by itself!  Anyway, the girls are trying to do school with Seth at the table.  Sully gets home from school at 11.  I walk him up from his bus and settle him in to his toys and sippy cup.  By this time it is time to think of lunch.  While this is all taking place, I am attempting to keep them all going and out of trouble.  We have a lunch break, finish up  school, and then go down to pick up Siler.  When the afternoon gets here, it is homework, snack, and chore time. All the whole day long, you want to know what is on my mind?  What are we having for supper!  After homework is done, I let them have free time.  I am getting supper ready, laundry going, and trying desperately to keep too much chaos from ensuing!  Usually, around 6:30 or 7, my knight in shining armor appears!  Supper, baths, tv time/family time, and then bed!  Are you tired yet?
  The thing is, after everyone is in bed, I am not quite finished!  I have several things in my Nighttime Routine (I'm a Flybaby!!  It's a Flylady thing!).  The things I do are wash my face, brush teeth, contacts out, coffee made, bags ready for the next day, and MOST IMPORTANT is Sully's feeding tube set up.  After all of that is said and done, I crash into bed to rest -- and then get up to do pretty much all of that again.
  Now, I am sure that you are thinking what does this have to do with the post title. Well, I will tell you.  I have had to deal with stress.  I know you are thinking, "No!"  Well, in dealing with so much different stuff, I found that I was not being as calm all the time. You know - the "Mommy Meltdown."  Well, isn't it just like the Lord to have some verses in the Bible to remind me and all of us of how we are to be to His children. Matthew 18 talks about the treatment of God's children.  It mentions about offending one of the little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and that he were dropped into the depth of the sea.  Wow!  
  These verses made me examine my own heart.  We can all get caught up in our own agendas and what we want to get done.  When our children want our attention, sometimes they get it, even if it is when they are doing wrong.  In reading this it made me want to have that heart like a child.  To spend more time with Seth - read to him, hold him, play with him.  It is so true that the years speed past us.  But more importantly, what we do in those years for Christ, and especially towards His children, is going to matter in the end!
  Feel encouraged, my friend, that if you are like me in this time of life with your children at home and you feel at your wits end, you are not alone.  Remember that the Lord has blessed us with these precious ones, not just to care for but to disciple so that they will walk in the path of Christ.  My prayer for me and for all the parents out there is that we will have the heart of a child and love our children as Christ loves us!!!

  And, yes, I am leaving you with a song.  I just am in almost weeping tears as I have just listened to it.  Celine Dion is one of my favorite artists, and I love hearing her sing this song.  Take a listen and apply the words to yourself!  The song is A Mother's Prayer.  

Blessings and {{hugs}}!!
:0)Chandra


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being