Good Morning!

  Well, I am up and have read my Bible and am on my second cup of coffee :0)  I do believe this is going to be a good, yet hard day - good because I have an early start. Hard because I am TIRED!  I went to bed a little earlier than normal but playing catch up for all those days that I went to bed later.  Prayers will be said throughout this day, "Lord Jesus, give me strength!!"
  I have always had a struggle with devotion time - you relate?  I have had a recent conviction to read my Bible first before reading anything.  That has proven to be a challenge because I have started reading this series by Liz Curtis Higgs!  I mean this is the type book that you can hardly put down.  You have to know what is going to happen in this family and these individuals.  The realization of the need for forgiveness in this first book has moved me to tears!
  Anyway - that is not the purpose of this entry - but before I move on, the series is the following --

 Thorn in My Heart

Thorn in My HeartHistorical Novel • Book 1 • 496 pages, soft cover • Bestseller!
In the autumn of 1788 in the Scottish lowlands, two brothers fight to claim one father’s blessing, two sisters long to claim one man’s heart. This epic tale brings the past to vibrant life, revealing spiritual truths that transcend time and penetrate the deepest places of the heart.

Buy from AmazonBuy from Christianbook      Barnes and Noble button

Fair Is the Rose

Fair Is the RoseHistorical Novel • Book 2 • 480 pages, soft cover • Bestseller!
Haste ye back to eighteenth-century Scotland! Bonny, spirited Rose and quiet, gentle Leana have both given their hearts to the same handsome cousin, Jamie McKie of Glentrool. He cannot love both sisters. Or can he? No one is prepared for the shocking turn of events that tests the limits of love and sacrifice.

Buy from AmazonBuy from Christianbook      Barnes and Noble button

Whence Came a Prince

Whence Came a Prince with AwardHistorical Novel • Book 3 • 560 pages, soft cover • 2006 Christy Award winner!
Jamie McKie vows to return to his ancestral home of Glentrool—a daring venture that will test the depth of his courage and the strength of his sword. Meanwhile, Leana and Rose McBride each stake a worthy claim on his affections as this prodigal hero prepares to fight for all he holds dear.

Whence Came a Prince on Amazon.comBuy from Christianbook      Barnes and Noble button

Grace in Thine Eyes

Grace in Thine EyesHistorical Novel • Book 4 • 464 pages, soft cover • 2007 Christy Award finalist
Davina McKie is a bonny lass of seventeen, as clever as they come and a gifted musician. But when she catches the eye of a handsome young Highlander, sheltered Davina is unprepared for the shocking events that follow. A story of passion and revenge, of lost innocence and shattered dreams, Grace in Thine Eyes explores the sorrow of unspeakable shame and the gift of immeasurable grace.
Buy from Amazon
Buy from Christianbook      
By the way, these companies are not advertising on my page, but I thought I would leave them on here if someone saw and wanted to buy them.  I am on book two and just am captivated by this story.  The parallels on the love of Jesus and our sin and His forgiveness!!! I could go on.  
  My purpose this post is to share with you about a Proverb that I read this morning. Proverbs 26:20 reads, "Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out:  so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth."  I just thought that would be such a great reminder to us to be the end of the "Rumor Mill" or gossip chain that seems to travel through all of our lives - whether you participate or not.  I love hearing comedians who say that, especially in the South, we soften our gossip or "sharing a prayer concern" with "Bless her/his heart!"  
  I have been guilty of doing this myself - not so much now as in the past.  I can tell you there are severe repercussions when you talk about others or pass along a tale.  I have never read that Proverbs before and thought I had to share this with my friends.  Let us be the ones that rise above - I have enough in my own life to talk about.  Some of it I am so ashamed.  But I am so glad that the Lord has forgiven me - I am so glad that my children and husband have loved me and overlooked my short-comings.  Boy do I behave in some rotten ways sometimes!!  But the Lord told us that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness! - IJohn 1:9!!  I am so thankful for that!  I have found that even with the forgiveness, that I have to take time to forgive myself.  Don't allow the devil to beat you up over your past - the Lord said that He casts our sins away.  If He doesn't hold onto them, we should not either!
   Well, it is "Hump Day!"  I love the camel saying that!  Sorry if that is now in your head :0)  Before I end, I have a couple of songs on my mind today from what I have written.  Both go along so well - God is neat that way to bring to mind songs that support my thoughts :0)
Damaras Carbaugh - He Has Forgiven Me. on Vimeo  That song is so moving and always makes me cry. So, I don't want to end with that, so I am ending with Madisa's "Good Morning!"  And for my "running" friends - you MUST have this to run to!!
Have a BLESSED DAY!
:0)Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being