God's Will

  It is already the second week of November!  Time is flying by this year.  Before you know it, the Christmas decorations will be up and Walmart will start selling everything Christmas...oh, wait!  They had all that coming out before we even got to Halloween. LOL!  Not that I am complaining - I LOVE CHRISTMAS!  But, I think we need to take a little time to reflect on being Thankful.
  On facebook I have some of my friends that are absolutely awesome at posting every day of November things for which they are thankful.  Since I am not that good, I always cheat.  I am going to do it again this year.  So, next week, I will post my "Thirty Things For Which I Am Grateful!"
  This week, I want to remind you about God's will.  So often we pray and things don't happen in the way we want.  In the Bible Joseph of the Old Testament is a prime example of this.  I am most certain he did not want his brothers to be jealous of him, and I know that being thrown in a pit for dead was not something he thought would be fun.  As we read his story, this set of verses pops out.  


Genesis 50:19-21King James Version (KJV)

19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
21 Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
  Wow!  I just love it!!  What they meant for evil, God used for good to save a people. Now I know that not all the things that happen to me and to you save a whole people group.  But as I have talked to a lot of people who have dealt with situations that they don't understand, the whole issue of accepting God's will comes into our conversation.  I want to remind us all that although our lives don't always turn out the way we thought they would, we have to trust that the Lord has a plan.  He has a perfect will for us.  As we follow Him, talk to and with Him -- you know, spend time with Him, He will reveal to us why.  Or He may not.  This is where we have to trust.  
  I don't know where you are today in your walk with Him.  I know that I am still trudging on alongside the Lord.  I have to say that I have experienced some major answers to prayer.  The Lord hears us!!  I also know that some of you and some of my friends and family are experiencing some "valley time" right now.  Let us pray for each other.  Let us encourage one another that while we may be going through some stuff right now that is more than we can bear, or we may have just had something happen that we don't understand, God's will has to be trusted!
  I love to end on a song when my entry is through.  This song has just blessed my heart.  Listen and pray as you listen.  Jesus is there -- He is here!  "Thy Will Be Done"
I just love you!  I am praying for you!!
Love, Blessings and {{Hugs}},
:0)Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being