Servant's Heart and the Love of Christ

  I have a wonderful love for reading books.  It began back when I was a kid.  My mother loves to read, too.  She actually has a lot of books, so I am able to borrow some great books from her.  One I have just finished is called The Princess by Lori Wick.  It is a Christian fiction story.  I just love it.
  The premise of the story is of a kingdom that has a prince that has lost his wife.  By rule he is to be married by his 26th birthday.  The prince is so distraught over losing his wife that his parents are left with finding his new princess.  A couple has a daughter that when she was born they knew in their own hearts she was destined to do something great.  Who knew it is to marry the prince?  This is one of those arranged marriage stories where they aren't in love and kind of have to get to know each other while they are already married.  Anyway, I won't get into the whole story, but they both grow together and have challenges along the way.  I also won't be a spoiler, so if you want to know how it ends, please read the book.  I am not getting any kind of kick-back on this -- LOL!  I wish!  It is worth the read.
  In reading this book, scripture references popped out at me all along the way.  Along with this one, I have been reading other books.  There is a theme in them all, to me anyway, of having the love and servant's heart of Christ.  One set of verses given in The Princess, in particular way, stood out to me.  It is one of my favorites! Philippians 2:3-4  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.  As I have been reading in several books on homemaking and homeschooling, I have been learning to have a servants heart.  Now mind you, I am not saying that I let the family walk on me like a doormat, but I have really been trying to not have a grumpy attitude.  In reading this set of verses, I have really felt in my heart it speaking to me as a mom and wife.  We all get tired of doing what we do every day.  It is hard in our world these days to have the heart of a servant.  For goodness' sake, my 5 year old even requests "Me Time." LOL I am sure I don't know where he heard that!  
  But in all seriousness, this is an area that our families need to strive in doing better.  We need to pray for each other that we will serve others every day with the love of Jesus.  Instead of having the heavy sighing with each request from our families, let us take on the heart of Christ.  Let us not fuss and be selfish.  It is not the popular thing to do, but believe me, if we will apply this to our own lives, it will help us in our walk through this world.  It will also help our children in their future.
  I hope you have been enjoying the fall season.  It is beautiful!  As always, I like to end with a song.  It is titled Servant's Heart.  The video is a little longer than some, but the words, pictures and music are touching.  I hope you are blessed by these words and this song.

Take care, dear friend!
Love, {{hugs}}, and blessings!
:0)Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being