Dealing With Hard Times

  As I listened to the radio this morning, I heard some sad news about Scott Hamilton.  He found out he has another tumor.  This is his third tumor.  In the interview he said, "Well, here we go again.  Last round, in 2010, I told Tracie, 'God doesn’t owe me a day. I’m good. Whatever’s next is next.' The blessings keep coming because we allow them and we ask for them," he said. "I’ve been blessed beyond my wildest imagination; I would never even think to dream the stuff that I’ve been able to do." (people.com site)
  It is incredible to see this man, who is famous and talented, endure all he has.  But what is it that keeps him from being upset and discouraged? Watch this video.  It is a little over ten minutes, but it is inspiring.
  Wow!  Okay - are you tearing up, too?  I am.  What faith this man has. Do you have this faith?  I do.  It is the ONLY thing that is constant in my life.  Jesus is the only one that is going to be there through every single thing that you go through.  Just wow!
  So we watched this video, and now I say to myself -- why do people suffer?  Why do some people suffer and others are just fine.  As a matter of fact some people are more than fine.  It hit me in the car yesterday.  I have heard many pastors share over the years this fact.  The Lord gives us these hard times to show His power and His strength.  He gives us times in our lives that we are like, "What is going on and why?"  Simply, He knocks us down so we are on our knees.  While we are down there, He meets us and helps us to get back up.  And sometimes we are down there for a bit.
  I don't know where you are today in your walk with the Lord.  I do know that there is nothing that He can't do.  I pray today for all of us that we will just increase our faith.  I pray for peace, for provision, love, forgiveness, whatever your need is, stop right now, and breathe a little prayer to Him!  I pray in Jesus' name for you!
  This is the perfect song to end this entry -- I LOVE it!  Blessings by Laura Story.  Have a wonderful day!

Love, Blessings, and {{hugs}},
Chandra

Matthew 11:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

Nutella!