Yes, I am making them again! New Year's Resolutions!

  I wanted to post is about some things I am aiming to do this year for my resolutions!! I make them every year with things to challenge myself with in hopes that I might complete a goal.  And I know that today is New Year's Eve, but I am hoping that tomorrow I will feel better and be too busy to blog :0)  So, I wanted to make sure I got these on here today!  
   The first thing that I resolve to do is continue -- and I say this which MUCH excitement - my Bible study and Bible reading.  I have struggled for years with the mentality that if I couldn't do it every day, then I shouldn't even try!  Sad attitude for sure!!  So through much prayer and counsel, I have determined that I should read as much and as often and study as much and as often as I can.  I have had one of the best years in my study and Bible reading time this past year.  I am really excited to see what 2015 is going to bring!!
  This year I really would love to get back into my walking.  Whether it is outside or to a video, I really need to do this.  I also want to strengthen my back and stomach.  Let's face it!  I have had 7 pregnancies that have stretched my muscles beyond recognition;  however, I really do believe that I can get back into better shape than I am right now - Praise the Lord that He never gives up on us -- Can I get a witness!!
  I also want to continue reading fun books.  With homeschooling, we read a lot of books for knowledge and for experience -- I LOVE THAT!  For myself I have really enjoyed several books this year, so I am going to continue this habit.  Katherine Spencer, Liz Curtis Higgs, and Jan Karon are three of my favorites!  I am also going to get four re-certification classes completed by 2016.  I worked so hard to get my teaching degree, so until I know for 100% that I will never need it, I will keep on with this!  I am excited about taking some classes and stretching my brain.
  Lastly, I want to work on areas of my emotions.  I want to keep blogging, journaling, and praying.  Life is hard; sometimes it is really hard.  In those times my emotions can get the best of me.  So, I think the things above can really be a big help to me with mental health!  One thing that I am getting to do that is REALLY exciting is going to a Homeschool Convention in March! I am getting to go for 2 1/2 days with no children.  As a caregiver to one disabled child and then four who are very healthy, I get really worn down.  I found last year was like a retreat that I really needed!!!  One day I may get some of my friends and my mom to take a cruise!  That will be a few years down the road where Benson will be fine with being alone with the kids - I may take my two girls with me on this adventure!
  As 2014 comes to an end, I look back on it with joy, tears, pain, laughter, and hope for a wonderful 2015!  The Lord goes before me in all of my comings and goings, so I know that as long as I am walking with Him, He is guiding or sometimes carrying me along the way!  Blessings to you, dear friend, as you approach 2015.  I pray that you have wonderful times along the way to help you get through some of the hard times that come in this life.
  A song that I love is by Point of Grace.  It is called "This Day."  I just love it as it touches my heart!  May it touch yours, too!  And remember to keep on keeping on until His day of return comes!!  Amen for that!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWx_b0Z8JOE

Blessings, Love and {{Hugs}}!

:0)Chandra

Comments

  1. Chandra, your words have been an encouragement for me to do many of the same things. I am very thankful for all of the blessings that we have received over the last year. One of those blessings is being part of the MNO and PTT groups and getting together with you and the other ladies to fellowship and encourage one another. Thank you for being my friend and it is my wish that we can both do whatever it takes to make us the best that we can be. Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being