Update on the Kerr Household:0)

Hello!  We are almost done with our school year.  This is year number 11 for us.  The kids will be in these grades next year - Savannah 11th, Siler 9th, Sarah 7th, Sully 5th year at Keowee, and Seth 2nd.  This has been a good year.  I feel like it has been a fast year. 

So I have had a neat opportunity and started a job!  I am still homeschooling, but I am working with a company called VIPKID.   They are based out of San Francisco and Beijing.  I have this amazing opportunity to teach Chinese children English.   I started this in March.  I apologize for not posting and kind of falling off the face of the planet lol!  I have never worked a consistent job along with homeschooling and caring for the home.  It has been and still is an adjustment.   I think, though, this will be a wonderful thing for us.

So that is an update on me and the children.  Benson and I will celebrate 21 years on June 6th!  It has been a wonderful time with him.  The Lord has continued to bless Benson and his work.  I am so happy that things have been going well for him - it affects all of us really :0)  Benson is also still gardening and has added another animal group to the farm...ducks!  We have 17 ducks to date.  They are Khaki Campbell  ducks and should be good egg layers.

With the summer coming, we are looking forward to a break.   However, we are also looking toward a surgery for Sullivan.  I haven't spoken openly about this to a lot of people, but I am now that the date is quickly approaching.   Sully will undergo a hip dysplasia surgery.   It is a long surgery and recovery.   We will have it at Shriners Hospital in Greenville.   I will be posting in here and on Facebook about the time.  We will take him on Thursday,  June 27 for the surgery.  It is going to be like taking a baby to have surgery.   He won't understand what has happened when he wakes up, so if you would, please go ahead and start praying for him and us.  It will be a harder summer for us, but in the end this will be a good outcome.

So there you have it!  I will work toward getting back into devotional posts as well as ones for Sully and how he is.  I know the Lord is going to take care of him and us.  It will just be a challenging process.  I love this song that reminds us that the Lord has control and does not leave us alone.  It ministers to me whenever I hear it.  I hope it does you as well.    This song is called "Shoulders" by For King and Country.  I appreciate being reminded that I don't  have to face anything in this life alone.  None of us do!  I will continue to pray for you as you pray for me!  I appreciate you and your friendship in my life :0)  May the Lord bless you and your family!  I will stay in touch!

Love, hugs, and blessings :0)
Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being