Love

  It is Valentine's Day --  Happy Valentine's Day to you!  I know this has been quite a year for many of you.  Some of you have lost loved ones, so this day may be bittersweet.  For others this may be a holiday of time with your loved ones.  I know B.C. - lol, Before Children - we used to have a romantic dinner and enjoyable time alone.  Now that we have the five little people, we have morphed our day into family time.  And I am really okay with that.  The more I read and talk to others, the more I realize that one day I will miss all the chaos that is my life.  Are you in that season with me? If so, let us embrace this time.  As Point of Grace sings in a song, "This day is fragile, soon it will end, and once it has vanished, it will not come again."
  I think of love on Valentine's a little differently than when I was younger.  I used to expect to get something.  Flowers, candy, card - anything.  Now, I am not like that.  The main reason is to not set myself up for disappointment, and then to also not set these expectations on others.  Sometimes people forget or don't have the extra money.  Last year my very artistically inclined daughter made me paper flowers.  I have had them up in the kitchen since.  This year I have found a poem - though not intended for my gift - that she wrote and it is lovely.

Love...
Is special...How?
Because...it keeps everyone close...
The world...is close to ending...
Soon...He will come...Who?...
You ask...It is your Father...Which thou 
art in Heaven...He will come and save 
His people...Are you ready?...
Because...I am...

She is 14 and has some wisdom beyond her years.  This touches my heart because it lets me in on hers.  And, with her permission, I get to share her own words!
  I hope today that you remember that the Lord loves you with an everlasting, REAL love.  He loved us so much that He gave His son - our ultimate Valentine!  Romans 5: says, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  He pursues us and puts us through some hard times because He loves us.  I know that sometimes we wonder about the circumstances, but that is when we do some real trust-building.  He is still working on us.  And this is what convicts me so much -- He is trying to make us more like Jesus. To live and to love as He did!   
  I like to end with a song, and I have a song that I LOVE!!  It is called "You Are Loved," by a group called Stars Go Dim.  I hope you enjoy it as I hope you enjoy your day and remember that you are loved!

Love, {{hugs}}, and Blessings!
:0)Chandra

Comments

  1. Beautiful; thanks for sharing; love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just now looked through and saw I hadn't resonded. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

Nutella!