Being Thankful :0)

It is November and the leaves are starting to fall.  I mentioned in my other entry that I LOVE fall - in some ways this is a sad part for me.  I just can't get enough of the beauty of fall.  I know it has to happen, but I will miss those vibrant colors.  However, I must say that the falling of the leaves indicates a couple of my favorite times of the year are approaching!!! Thanksgiving and Christmas!  (I am one of those nuts that would love to watch Hallmark Christmas movies in the summer - actually, they do that now!)

Anyway, I wanted to share about something, or rather someone, that I am particularly thankful for - my mom!  She has been over the years one of my favorite people.  She is one of the first people I call in good times and bad, discouraging and joyful!  She and I, since 2001, have been attending Women of Faith conventions - I HIGHLY recommend going if you have never been!  This year was a special one with some of their speakers planning to not travel with WOF anymore.

We had planned over the summer to go .  She said that she wanted us to go and my dad (another person I am thankful for!) would come down and stay with my husband and the kiddos (6 more people that I am thankful for!).  If you recall from earlier entries, I am a mom of 5 and married to a great fella for almost 17 1/2 years! One of our children has some special needs, so I am a full-time caregiver to him along with all the other stuff that mommas do!  It was going to be a time of refreshing and renewing -- I was not disappointed!

A dear friend of mine said she would love to read what I learned at the convention.  It was entitled loved - THE FAREWELL TOUR.  The following are some quotes and notes (really didn't mean to rhyme LOL) from this special time with my mom and my cousin! And the following items that are from the speakers are their words.  I claim none of them as my own. ~~

These are all from Patsy Clairmont ~~

The needier you are, the greedier you are ~ God is perfected in weakness when we feel unable to do ~ God uses brokenness to heal brokenness ~ referenced this to Job ~ Feels like it is more we can bear - BUT we don't know our capacity in Christ Jesus ~ Sometimes tears are the best words ~ We are bearers of light ~ the hope of every heart ~ EXTEND GRACE! ~ Step kindly toward one another ~ Understand that God knows and understands people's behavior! ~ Rally around each other ~ Love makes a difference ~ there are others watching that need Jesus' love ~ Shine on

Sheila Walsh said to Sandi Patty in a hard time -- What do you need?

This is from Shauna Niequist  ~~

Stories are how we make sense of everything ~ Life, hope, repair, coming back from the pain ~ Leave behind the past hurts that hinder us ~ Spoke about people who had new names in the Lord: Abram, Sarai, Jacob, Simon, Saul ~ See where God is leading your life with your tears!! ~ What is your new story? ~ Relationship to end ? ~ Addiction? ~ Way of living? ~ What do you need to leave behind today so that the Lord can write a new story? Speak life and truth!  Be His hands and feet!  Her new book is Savor.

This is from Thelma Wells ~~

It doesn't matter where you've been, but it matters where you are going ~ a Booker T. Washington quote: Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome ~ There is no fear when we are in the Lord! ~ "When that little girl smiles, it is like when the sun comes out in Seattle! ~Teach others how to treat people ~ Sometimes the best thing to do is just BE!

This is from Marilyn Meberg ~~

Quoted 1 John 1:9 (one of my favorites!) "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" ~ We sometimes experience things that aren't real ~ Our feelings make us experience things that aren't real ~ Our need of connection - He is a connecting God! Is. 49:1 ~ God has chosen me ~ Jesus came for us ~ To die for our sins ~ to reconnect us ~ Is. 59:2 sin has separated us from God ~ Why does He choose us? LOVE ~ Is. 43:3-4 ~ 1 John 1:12 power to become a child of God BELIEVE and RECEIVE ~ We are wonderful because God said so! 

This is from Luci Swindoll ~~

She wanted to do something for the Lord ~ She has sponsored 14 children for World Vision! ~ written 14 books ~ Is it hard to listen? Is it really He is speaking, wait to see if it is God and not SELF, find an element of peace (at this very moment the children are fussing, so this part if SO funny to type!) ~ Pray before meals ~ do things together ~ He will enable us to do what He wants us to do ~ Line your will up with the will of God and go for it ~ You will own money or it will own you ~ Spend, save, give, invest ~ She is 83 years old ~ Chuck Swindoll is her brother ~ Don't fail to live your life ~ Don't wait to have enough money ~ George Washington Carver quote How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because some day in your life you will have been all of these ~ Changing time flies across man's face ~ Ask for understanding ` facing dilemma and problem, it is good to know as much as possible to cope ~ You may not see the end, but we can say to Him give me courage, ability, and understanding.  You are in charge.  You have not because you ask not! ~ You only have one life;  live it to the fullest ~

Sandi Patty sang with her husband and some of their children!  It was AWESOME!  She also sang, "I Am Loved," by Bill and Gloria Gaither.

We also got to hear this fantastic group, Building 429.  As always, I end with a song.  Since I love both of these songs by this group and they minister to me, I am putting them on here (and I apologize ahead of time if this music isn't your cup of tea!  If you don't want to listen to "peppy" Christian music, don't click the link.  It doesn't hurt my feelings at all :0). This first one is Where I Belong and the second one is We Won't Be Shaken.  Both songs touch me deeply!

Anyway, dear friend, thank you for taking time to read this little blog.  It is really my thoughts and feelings.  I am thankful for you!  I know I am not a big-time writer, but I get joy out of knowing that someone somewhere is blessed by the words that the Lord gives me!

Find rest, peace, joy and thankfulness this Thanksgiving!  And eat turkey, dressing, gravy, crescent rolls, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, maybe even a pumpkin cheesecake!  
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Love, Blessings and {{hugs}}!
:0)Chandra




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

Boy! Life is Hard!!

Nutella!