You ever have one of those days that you are just tired - I mean, pardon my expression, but STINKIN' TIRED!  And then you take it out on the ones that you love? Well, I did that this morning.  I was tired and yelled at my precious kiddos.  I know that I am not, nor will I ever be, the only one who has ever done that.  But it makes me feel really badly about myself -- like, good grief!
  If you have ever had that experience, and if you haven't you will - take heart.  I just texted a friend about what I did.  Man is confession good for the soul but makes you cry :0)  Anyway, she said the sweetest thing -- there is grace and you can always start over!  AMEN and praise the Lord.
  I think that my problem is that I let my negative thoughts toward myself get the better of me.  I allow that area of my brain take over and don't think loving thoughts toward myself.  Let me be brutally honest - I have a pity party for one!  There, I said it!  It is true.  I feel sorry for myself.
  Today, however, I looked up online about online Bible studies - I am home alot and really miss Bible study time with other believers.  So, I looked up Liz Curtis Higgs - An Encourager® website.  It just hit my square in the face.  I not only was not being nice to my little kiddos, but I wasn't being nice to myself.  I just have to, as my mom says, "Get a grip tater chip!"  
  From there I went to post this on facebook.  I went on and got it posted.  Then, as I am sure everyone does, I started to look at other people's statuses.  I read about someone celebrating 49 years of marriage -- AWESOME!  Then I looked where a friend, who had just been in the hospital for several months, was sharing her struggle with an area of recovery.  It made me think how I wallow in my little bit of frustration and hard times, and yet here was someone who was really having it hard. It made me ashamed of myself.  
  As I thought about my being unkind to my children and myself, I immediately felt saddened.  As I thought about what I had read and shared, a song and verse came to my mind!


Psalm 42:5King James Version (KJV)

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance
So, now that I have shared this struggle with you, I hope that the words and song that lifted me has encouraged and lifted you up.  I know that the Lord is with me - I physically just get tired.  Praise the Lord, as my dear friend shared, I can START OVER!  Thankfully my children are gracious and forgive me, too!  Enjoy the song, verse, and a lovely day!

Blessings, {{Hugs}}, and Love!
:0)Chandra

Comments

  1. Lovely thoughts! Your reaction to feeling down and then rejoicing will show your children how to gracefully react to circumstances.
    You are a good mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being