Time -- Too busy?

  Good grief!  I can't believe that it has been since January that I have written!  I wonder why?  Oh, yes, hahaha!  I have two wrestlers, a special-needs son, a daughter in a Christian school, therapy every Monday that is 108 miles round-trip, a daughter that has moved out and is working, a self-employed husband, my own tutoring business, and then managing the tutoring schedule, not to mention housework.  LOL -- It is just life, I suppose.  

  I have been hearing lately some recurring themes that all seem to revolve around one topic -- time.  A long time ago, we lost some babies, a set of twin boys and a single boy.  Within 3 years we lost 3 babies and had 2.  That is another topic for another time.  But as I listen to people, a lot of of times they talk about their time or lack, thereof.  I remember a therapist and counselor that I saw after we lost the 3rd baby boy told me that I needed to change my mindset.  I kept saying that "I didn't have time" to do this or that.  I seriously think that I felt like I did not have the time.  She posed a question and statement to me -- "Chandra, do you really think you don't have the time?  You need to change your mindset and start saying a different statement, one that is more true.  'I didn't take the time'."  Oh that hurt to hear her say that, but it was true!  She pointed out to me that when we really want to do something, we take the time to do it.  Like right now, I could be down in my house working on laundry, but am I?  No, I am up here, writing this blog entry.  But I feel like it is important to do this now.  In my mind I think that if I don't do something when it comes to mind that I will forget.  This is truly and area that I just lack discipline.  As Monk says, "It is a blessing and a curse."

  I need to refocus and ask the Lord to help me in this area.  He is a God of love but also of order.  One only needs to look around in nature to see this.  There is a time to everything.  I know that He is the orchestrator of time.  He has my life planned out for me and you.  We just need to ask Him for His guidance and help in the area in which we may struggle.  God is so good to us.  He knows our every need even before it is a need. 

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 

He knows every one of us -- the number of hairs upon our heads!  You know what -- I think when we don't give Him the time we need to in our day that the day is just not a very good day.  Think about that!  Think about how when you have prayer time and devotion time just how good that day goes or better yet, how much better a bad day goes because it was hemmed in prayer and scripture.  God asks us to read His Word and talk to Him all the time!  He loves us and wants to share His heart and mind with us.  We just need to slow down our hectic, roller-coaster lives and give Him priority.  I need this.  You need this.  

  I love to end my posts with a song.  This song, "Breathe," ,by Jonny Diaz, means so much to me.  I truly love the part where it says to "come and rest at my feet and breathe."  I hope it ministers to you, right now, wherever you are in this wonderfully, crazy-busy, beautiful life.  I hope you feel the love of Jesus and the strength of the Holy Spirit in your days!  God loves us all so much -- and I know this to be true.  I hope that you reach out if you need prayer or encouragement. I am here for you, my dear friend!

  I hope and pray you all continue have happy, healthy days!  Take care!

As always I am sending {{hugs}}, prayers, and love!

Chandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed;"

The State of My Being